Monday, September 15, 2014

R.I.P. Angus Lennie (1930-2014)



Scottish film, tv, and stage actor Angus Lennie has passed away at the age of 84. Lennie is probably best know for his role as Flying Officer Archibald Ives in the 1963 classic The Great Escape (1963, dir. John Sturges). His performance as the soldier who is on the verge of snapping is simply perfect, there's not a bad moment with him. This is sadly also the third Great Escape actor to pass away this year, the other two being James Garner and Richard Attenborough.


The next clip I'm featuring is a massive spoiler for the film. View it here

He was also featured on the British soap opera Crossroads, and was in two episodes of the legendary British sci-fi show Doctor Who.




Rest in Peace Mr. Lennie

No comments:

Post a Comment

My travel watching and reading lists (and some road trip songs)

 I'm leaving on a big roadtrip and I just wanted to share what I've got on my to-watch list while I'm on vacation, my reading li...