Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Opinion: Third Ghostbusters movie cast



Some of you may or may not know this but there has been a lot of talk about the prospects about a third Ghostbusters film. It has been in development for while now and given the recent death of co-creator and ghostbuster Harold Ramis, there is understandably a lot of uncertainty about this. It is obviously not going to be the classic lineup but it looks like we're going to get a new generation. Honestly, I have no problem with this. Also they're talking about having an all-female cast. Again, I have no problem with this, let's just not make this into a "Oh look its the Ghostbusters.... BUT THEY'RE GIRLS!"

While Bill Murray sadly won't be showing up in the film he has given his opinion about who he'd like to see in the film. His selection are:  Kristin Wiig and Melissa McCarthy of Bridesmaids fame, Mad Men's Linda Cardellini, and Emma Stone. While the first three are decent picks in my opinion, as long as McCarthy and Wiig don't do a lot of improvising, but I freaking LOVE the idea of Emma Stone being a Ghostbuster. I mean... I can't properly express how awesome of an idea that is to me.



Now the article I got this info from gave other suggestions for an all female cast. My favorites from the list are Tina Fey, Amy Poehler, and Emily Blunt. As for me I'd loved to see former Doctor Who companion and Guardian of the Galaxy's Nebula, Karen Gillan be there.

But what about the idea of a all female cast? Again, I am for the idea, but at the same time I'd like to see a mixed gender group. Bring in actors like Oscar IsaacMichael B. Jordan, or James McAvoy. But again, an all female cast isn't a bad idea. But no matter what happens there is always that possibility that the script can go wrong. The worst that can happen is that the characters and plot are just identical the original film, and that the new characters are the same as the old ones, but will emphasize that they're women. And I certainly hope that's not the case. I also hope they don't do anything stupid like, change the Ghostbuster uniforms to be 'girl versions' of them. From what I've heard and seen I think Dan Aykroyd really wants this project to work and is putting his full effort into it. Especially given the recent death of his friend and creative partner Harold Ramis.

So, I'm going to keep an open mind and if the movie does come to flourish, I'll check it out, and if it doesn't turn out as good, then we still have the original to enjoy.

What better way to end this article than by asking, WHO YA GONNA CALL....



Have an opinion on the topic? Leave a comment in the comment section.

Be sure to share the article and like the blog's Facebook page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My travel watching and reading lists (and some road trip songs)

 I'm leaving on a big roadtrip and I just wanted to share what I've got on my to-watch list while I'm on vacation, my reading li...