Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Thoughts on Upcoming Releases: Week of Oct. 12, 2018

First Man - dir. Damian Chazelle



"A look at the life of the astronaut, Neil Armstrong, and the legendary space mission that led him to become the first man to walk on the Moon on July 20, 1969."

Oh yes! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, YES!

*clears throat*

I'm looking forward to this. 


The Happy Prince - dir. Rupert Everett




"THE HAPPY PRINCE tells the story of the last days of Oscar Wilde. This great man of letters, once one of the most famous authors in England, is now a superstar on the skids. As Oscar lies on his death bed, the past comes flooding back to him, transporting him to other times and places."

A film about Oscar Wilde. Yep, I'm sold.

22 July - dir. Paul Greengrass



"In Norway on 22 July 2011, right-wing terrorist Anders Behring Breivik murdered 77 young people attending a Labour Party Youth Camp on Utöya Island outside of Oslo. This three-part story will focus on the survivors of the attacks, the political leadership of Norway, and the lawyers involved."

Oh boy. This is going to be a hard sit through. If this anything like Greengrass's other film United 93 (2006), it'll be an emotional punch in the gut but an important film.

Bad Times at the El Royale - dir. Drew Goddard


"Seven strangers, each with a secret to bury, meet at Lake Tahoe’s El Royale, a rundown hotel with a dark past in 1969. Over the course of one fateful night, everyone will have a last shot at redemption."

Oh yes! This looks like an absolute blast!

Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween - dir. Ari Sandel


"Two boys face an onslaught from witches, monsters, ghouls and a talking dummy after they discover a mysterious book by author R. L. Stine."

I liked the first film. It was a pretty fun film that was perfect for a family Halloween party. It's kind of like a family-friendly version of Monster Squad (1987, dir. Fred Dekker).

This film? Eh, it looks okay. I don't think I'll be rushing out to watch it. But I'm sure it'll be fine for the kids. 


Beautiful Boy - dir. Felix Van Groeningen



"After he and his first wife separate, journalist David Sheff struggles to help their son Nic, who goes from experimenting with drugs to becoming devastatingly addicted to methamphetamine."

Oh dear... oh dear... this is going to be an emotional punch in the gut. This is the kind of movie that'll make me want to call my Dad after watching it.

B&B - dir. Joe Ahearne


"Gay Londoners Marc and Fred plan for a weekend of mischief, baiting the Christian owner of a remote Christian B&B. Events take a deadly turn when another guest arrives, who they think might have something more sinister in mind."

Not gonna lie, the main reason why I want to watch this movie is because Paul McGann is in it. He was the 8th Doctor, and I'm a massive Doctor Who nerd, duh. 


So those are my thoughts on this week's upcoming releases

  What are your thoughts on these films?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My travel watching and reading lists (and some road trip songs)

 I'm leaving on a big roadtrip and I just wanted to share what I've got on my to-watch list while I'm on vacation, my reading li...