Thursday, November 20, 2014

Rest in Peace Mike Nichols (1931-2014)


The world has lost another legend of cinema. Mike Nichols, the multiple award winning director, passed away suddenly at the age of 83. This man was responsible for bringing us movies such as Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, The Graduate (won the Best Directing Oscar), Working Girl, Silkwood, Catch-22, The Birdcage, and most recently Charlie Wilson's War

But he wasn't just a marvel behind the camera but he was also a man who worked magic on the stage and on television. Nichols won a total of nine, yes nine, Tony Awards for doing such shows as The Odd Couple and Spamalot. He also received critical claim for his work on the tv mini-series version of Angels in America. He is of a small group of people to have received an Oscar, a Tony, an Emmy, and an Grammy. 

He was a man of remarkable talent whose films, art, and personality will be greatly missed. Rest in Peace Mr. Nichols.




2 comments:

  1. You misspelled "Spamelot"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for pointing that out. I get annoyed whenever I miss fixing typos and misspellings.

      Delete

My travel watching and reading lists (and some road trip songs)

 I'm leaving on a big roadtrip and I just wanted to share what I've got on my to-watch list while I'm on vacation, my reading li...