Saturday, March 1, 2014

Non-Stop (2014) Review: SPOILERS!


Non-Stop
D: Jaume Collet-Serra
W: Ryan Engle, John W. Richardson, Christopher Roach.
S: Liam Neeson, Julianne Moore, Scoot McNairy

Liam Neeson is in the action spotlight again as alcoholic U.S. Federal Air Marshal Bill Marks as he tries to figure out who has been sending him mysterious texts on board his non-stop flight from New York to London. The person sending the texts are saying that he or she will kill a person on the plane every 20 minutes unless $150 million is transferred to a specific account. Will Marks find out who the culprit is? Will he stop the person in time? 

When I go into a movie I always go in with an open mind. I look at other critics opinions (and by that I mean I go to RottenTomatoes.com) and I saw that this film was getting "meh" reviews. So I thought okay this movie will at least be entertaining. This movie is beyond just Liam Neeson kicking arse for 110 minutes. This is a legit thriller, with many great twists and turns in it, suspense galore, it will keep you on the edge your seat wondering what the hell is going on. And it is certainly deserves more than "meh" like reviews. 

Liam Neeson's character Bill Marks is a great burnt out character. He's divorced, his child died of leukemia, and because of that he becomes a loner. Because of this, and because the account in question is revealed to be in his name, he is suspected to be a hijacking terrorist. Which adds great element of suspense to this already suspenseful tale. 

It's not all suspense and terror, the picture does give the audience time to know the setting and get a look at the people on the plane. It doesn't go extremely in depth but it does give a nice lay out of possibilities, with a pretty good reveal. It also always for the theme of trust and mistrust and uses it well. 

Of course I don't want to reveal WHO is responsible because I want you all to see it and check it out for yourself. It's a legitimate thriller with great suspense, a great lead character and great action. There are minor little hiccups in the script but nothing drastic to take you out of the moment. It is worth your time and money. 

Thumbs Up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

My travel watching and reading lists (and some road trip songs)

 I'm leaving on a big roadtrip and I just wanted to share what I've got on my to-watch list while I'm on vacation, my reading li...