Friday, January 22, 2021

Star Wars Post: Cody and Superior Order 66


Not too long ago, one of my favorite TikTokers - @jstoobs - did a post about the villains of Star Wars. Mainly how they seem to fall into two camps: straight-up unredeemable bad guy (Palpatine) and those that see the error of their ways (Anakin). 

But she pointed out how we've never seen a "Superior Orders" villains. In other words, somebody who was "just following orders."

To me, this would be great for Commander Cody in the upcoming Kenobi series. I've always wondered what happened to him in particular after the Clone Wars. 

I could easily imagine him showing remorse after realizing what he'd done. But I could also see him being confronted by Kenobi and he responds with "I was just following orders like a good soldier."

Kenobi realizes that Order 66 was beyond his control. After realizing that his friendship with Cody will never be the same, he offers forgiveness and leaves him.

I could easily see this happening especially since Cody's original actor Temurea Morrison has returned to Star Wars.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

My travel watching and reading lists (and some road trip songs)

 I'm leaving on a big roadtrip and I just wanted to share what I've got on my to-watch list while I'm on vacation, my reading li...