Saturday, June 23, 2018

Thoughts on July Releases

Ant-Man and The Wasp (dir. Peyton Reed)




It looks fun. Yeah, it looks fun. Look, after the emotional punch in the gut we got from Avengers: Infinity Wars, I can use just some pure fun. 

Sorry to Bother You (dir. Boots Riley)




I'm not sure what can I say about this movie. It looks good but so out there and yet so relevant. 

Bleeding Steel (dir. Leo Zhang)



Jackie Chan movie. Do I need to say anything else?

Skyscraper (dir. Rawson Marshall Thurber)



So, basically we have Dwayne Johnon and The Towering Inferno (1974), I'm cool with that!

Shock and Awe (dir. Rob Reiner)



I haven't heard of this movie until now. I do like a good journalism movie. I liked The Post and I LOVED Spotlight. This movie though, I'm not entirely certain. That's not because the topic isn't important - it is - but it seems to be really hitting the audience over the head with it. Also, Reiner's recent track record of movies hasn't been the best. But I will keep an open mind going into it, and hope for the best.

A Midsummer Night's Dream (dir. Casey Wilder Mott)



Well, this looks like an interesting version of the Shakespeare play. I'm always up for interesting adaptions of the Bard. 


Equalizer 2 (dir. Antoine Fuqua)



I thought the first one was okay. Truth be told, when it comes to Washington-Fuqua collaborations, I'd like to see a Magnificent Seven sequel. But this could be a fun movie. Washington has shown his action chops.

Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again (dir. Ol Parker)



Ooooohhhh dear. I did not like the first one. I thought it was fairly annoying and it was baffling at points to me. And don't get me started on Pierse Brosnan's "singing." So, seeing this sequel I can't help but wonder... why? Also, Cher is Meryl Streep mom? Hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa... no. I could be wrong though, this could be okay. We'll just have wait and see. But please don't let Brosnan sing I beg of you please! 

Blindspotting (dir. Carlos Lopez Estrada)



I hadn't heard about this movie until recently and wow this looks pretty great!

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (dir. Christopher McQuarrie)



You know, I've enjoyed the previous Mission: Impossible films but this time I'm not so sure. Something just isn't clicking with me about it. Hopefully, that's just the trailer's fault and not the movie. 

Hot Summer Nights (dir. Elijah Bynum)



Doesn't look bad. It seems like a weird combination of a coming of age comedy and a rise and fall story with a pot dealing. Also, William Fichtner is in it. I'm always up for him!

Puzzle (dir. Marc Turtletaub)



I haven't seen too much of Irrfan Khan's movies - I did see him in Jurrasic World and I thought he was cool there - but I love Kelly Macdonald. So, count me in on this movie. 


Scotty and the Secret History of Hollywood (dir.  Matt Tyrnauer)



Well now, this looks fascinating!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My travel watching and reading lists (and some road trip songs)

 I'm leaving on a big roadtrip and I just wanted to share what I've got on my to-watch list while I'm on vacation, my reading li...