Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Rest in Peace James Horner




On June 22, 2015: a plane crashed killing both the pilot and its one-person passenger, that passenger was the legenday, two-time Oscar winner James Horner. Horner was responsible for composing some of the most memorable scores and songs that have ever been recorded. In this post I'll post some of his most notable films scores and songs. Mr. Horner, thank you very much for your contribution to cinema, we'll carry on your legacy by sharing it with future generations.

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982, Dir. Nicholas Meyer)


Krull (1983, Dir. Peter Yates)



Aliens (1986, Dir. James Cameron)*


An American Tail (1986, Dir. Don Bluth)*


The Land Before Time (1987, Dir. Don Bluth)


Field of Dreams (1989, Dir. Phil Alden Robinson)*


Glory (1989, Dir. Edward Zwick)


The Rocketeer (1991, Dir. Joe Johnston)


Hocus Pocus (1993, Dir. Kenny Ortega)


Braveheart (1995, Dir. Mel Gibson)*


Apollo 13 (1995, Dir. Ron Howard)*


Titanic (1997, Dir. James Cameron)**


Avatar (2009, Dir. James Cameron)*


* = Best Score (or Song) Oscar nomination
** = Best Score Oscar Winner

No comments:

Post a Comment

My travel watching and reading lists (and some road trip songs)

 I'm leaving on a big roadtrip and I just wanted to share what I've got on my to-watch list while I'm on vacation, my reading li...